What's new

Yamaha rxv385 not detecting dvd (1 Viewer)

nitroman392

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
First time posting, need help. I've bought a Yamaha rxv385, tried to connect samsung dvd with hdmi and just get the connection indicator blinking and nothing happens, I have it in the correct bd/dvd port. My pay tv box is detected and works ok. Do u have to change settings somewhere. The dvd is samsung about 12 years old. In not at home writing this so I don't have the model number atm. Please someone help.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Check the Samsung’s menu settings to make sure it is outputting to HDMI. If it is, try a different HDMI input on the Yamaha. You can use any of them. It still doesn’t work, the player has issues.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

nitroman392

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
Check the Samsung’s menu settings to make sure it is outputting to HDMI. If it is, try a different HDMI input on the Yamaha. You can use any of them. It still doesn’t work, the player has issues.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Yep did all that, was playing it hdmi straight to tv ok. When it's connected to the receiver and playing a disc the receiver is not detecting hdmi input signal. If I reach around the back of the dvd and pull out and push back in the hdmi the receiver gets a signal and I have visual and audio on my tv

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It sounds like it is a handshake issue. What sequence do you turn the devices on? DVD player---->Receiver------>TV or Receiver------->DVD player------>TV? The fact that you get a signal to the receiver after unplugging the HDMI cable from the DVD player suggests that the receiver should be turned on first and then the DVD player. Also, maybe check for a firmware update for the receiver? Sometimes, an updated firmware may take care of issues that get identified.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks