What's new

Yamaha RXV2500 (1 Viewer)

Pat Donleycott

Auditioning
Does anyone have any listening experience with this unit, if you do pls describe its sound.

I would also like to know how they configure the sub woofer crossover, I assume that the mono line level output is what is controlled by the xover control and if one selects "large" for the front l/r speakers that they
receive full range output (not rolled off at the bottom)
Is that correct?

thanks

Pat

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

The Yamaha should provide 9 different crossover points that you can select. Setting the speakers to "large" will allow the full range output as you suspected. Also, you can set the speaker configuration to main+LFE and the bass will be presented by both the sub and your front L/R speakers.

Additionally, the Yamaha should offer you the chance to set the phase (normal/reverse) for the signal going to your sub.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Pat Donleycott

Auditioning
Thanks Wayne do you have any experience with the RXV2500
I am looking for some actual user experience.

Let me recap what you said and ask a follow-up question:

"The Yamaha should provide 9 different crossover points that you can select. Setting the speakers to "large" will allow the full range output as you suspected. Also, you can set the speaker configuration to main+LFE and the bass will be presented by both the sub and your front L/R speakers."

I assume in the main +LFE position that the crossover has no effect on the main L/R and it controls the point at which the sub comes in. BUT if the L/R speakers are set to small they will roll-off at whatever point the crossover is set to - correct?

thx
Pat

jasonBR

Auditioning
I have this reciever and absolutely love it. it gets plenty loud and sounds perfectly clear through all volume levels and has tons of adjustments. the only thing i don't like is that it seems to get a little warm but i havn't heard any buddy else say anything about it so maybe it's just me. i'm probably just being paranoid but i bought a little cooling fan to give it extra cooling. but other than that it's great. i got a question though for others who have or have used this reciever, is the internal fan like completely silent, because i have never heard the fan come on?

tommy_E

Agent
how u doin jasonbr....

i own the HTR-5790..when i first got it..saw the fan and thought it was broken...but i was watching saving private ryan very loud..for a few minutes straight..{couple war scenes..loud affects}.. the fan kicked on when i hit pause so i can hear it.. then it kicks down the speed of it when not playin to go back to normal}

ciao

jasonBR

Auditioning
i heard the fan come on for the first time today. i was playing some heavy rock with it in the pure direct mode and i paused it and it was on, i could just barely hear it but now at least i know it works. it got pretty warm before it actually came on though. but whatever, i'm sure yamaha knows what they are doing so i'm not gonna worry about it.

EdKBecker

Grip
Can somebody tell me where the Yamaha RX-V2500 fan is located? I set it to continuous on, and I don't hear anything and can't see it to visually confirm what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks