Yamaha RXV2300/1400 or NAD T752

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sinbad, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Sinbad

Sinbad Auditioning

I was just introduced to this forum and I love all the info you can find in here.
    Here's my problem...I just upgraded my HT speaker system to
    Paradigm Monitor 7's (front)Titans (rear) 350 (centre) and PDR-12 sub. I find my HK 110 just isn't making full use of these larger speakers (had the cinema series 70 before).
    Anyway I want to upgrade my receiver and have looked at the Yamaha rx-v2300, the rx-v 1400 and the NAD t752. I can get any one of these for $1000 cdn. Any suggestions on which way to go? I love the HK but they're TOO EXPENSIVE up here. Thanks for listening.

2. MikeVM

MikeVM Extra

Two very different amps you list there. Yamahas are known bright amps, whereas the NAD is a much warmer feeling amp. Not sure which one would sound better with your speakers, having no personal experience with Paradigms, but they are likely to sound very different. I recommend you listen to both before deciding which one to buy.

-Mike

3. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

The Yamahas built today are not bright at all IMO. The 1400/2400 are fantastic receivers but the NAD shines most in music. I just listened to a NAD 752 with the software version 1.22 which corrects many flaws that the initial models had and the music sounded very smooth and rich. The NAD has awesome mids compared to some other receivers out there. One thing you need to watch is that the NAD is "only" a 5 channel receiver. To use the EX/ES feature, you will need a monoblock or an external two channel amp.

4. Sinbad

Sinbad Auditioning

Thanks for the input I should have mentioned I use this setup for movies 90% of the time.
    Thanks

5. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

6. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

yamaha has better/more features

the nad has better amps/sound (subjective on the latter)

for your application, it seems the yamaha is better...

Rich