What's new

Yamaha RXV1300 OR Pioneer Elite VSX-43tx Please help (1 Viewer)

Kam_A

Grip
I have both of these recievers sitting in my home and I am having a tough time deciding which one should I keep. Yamaha does tend to sound a little bright for music but really good for HT whereas Pioneer Elite sounds really good for music and Ht but seems to be less powerful than Yamaha and it's remote isn't quite learning capable. I am not able to decide which one I should keep. Please suggest.
I have hooked them up with JBL speakers.

Justin=>

Grip
Yes I agree the Yamaha RXV-1300 does sound a little bright for music. Ever look into the model up, the RXV-2300?
The brightness from that model and up is corrected, plus you get an extra 10 watts per channel and more DSP functions to listen with.
It's about $100-150 difference than the RXV-1300 which is discontinued.

Kam_A

Grip
Thanks Justin
But these are the only 2 options I have and I have to pick one of them.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Kam, what do you listen to more? HT or music? If its HT then the nod goes in favor of the Yammy or else it's the Elite.

Kam_A

Grip
I listen 50/50 music and HT. I just made the Pioneer learning work yesterday and I am more inclined in keeping the pioneer.

Kam_A

Grip
I meant the Pioneer learning remote which I was not able to program for my other components. But now it works.

Justin=>

Grip
I would go for the yammie just because it's a good build good sound and they have a longer history in making amps/receivers.

ShaunLB

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go with the Yamaha for the power and build quality if it was me. No doubt both are great recievers. Pick the one YOU like. I doubt you'll regret either.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If your inclination is to stay with the Pioneer, then stick with the Pioneer. I can't comment on the higher end Yamaha receivers, but I changed from a lower-end Yamaha HTR-5650 to a Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX and it made my system sound like a million bucks.

Like I keep telling people, what sounds best to you is what you'll enjoy most. If you're leaning towards the Pioneer, don't let us convince you otherwise...the Elites are really phenomenal pieces.

Kam_A

Grip
Thanks Drew
Soundwise they both sound pretty close except Yamaha wasn't giving me the bass that Pioneer did but it's sound was more clear than Pioneer. That is the reason I had put a thread here if someone had used both these brands/units and found any difference in sound as I might be doing something wrong in the settings also.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Since the Yamaha is bright, I'm tempted to reply that both those effects are due to that characteristic. The Pioneer is warmer sounding, so it'll put out a more mellow sound in contrast to the brighter (more treble proportional to bass) Yamaha. That also might have something to do with the clarity. JBLs though are somewhat bassy speakers, but the Pioneer's equalization (which it would take care of automatically if you had Auto MCACC, but still can be done manually) should be able to compensate for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks