What's new

Yamaha RXV1 Question HURRY!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jack

Agent
Hi,

I see the RXV1 for a great price on the net, is this worth spending $1000 for, when the new RXZ1 coming out soon???

Oh I have a yamaha 2095 now!!

Thanks

Jack

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Jack, I was in the same position last year. Had a 2095 and then all the hype over es/ex gave me the itis..... went to a local B&M and bought the V1. I paid 2600 for mine and DO NOT regret it. Personally I'd say skip the Z1 and go for the V1.

If you can get one of these beauties for 1000 bucks, I highly suggest it. The 2095 is one fine piece but the V1 is better by quite a bit IMHO. The weight of it alone over the 2095 (62 vrs 42 I think) makes a statement about build too.

Also nothing sounds quite like those 44 bit Burr Brown DACs. I haven't even checked into the Z1 but some earlier posts had suggested Yamaha had downgraded to 32 bit or something... check for yourself.

BUTTTTTT..... at the price you stated, it'd be a cheap upgrade especially after you sell your 2095.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I love my RX-V1 also. Now the newer ones have some nice features, such as assignable inputs and more type of DTS, but at $1000, that is one hell of a deal. I'd definitely go with it. I don't think you'll find many receivers for $1000 that have the quality of components or anywhere near the number of inputs this beast has. Plus if you got a good remote like the Pronto, the extended IR codes are really cool.

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
some earlier posts had suggested Yamaha had downgraded to 32 bit or something
The RX-Z1 has ten PCM1704 Burr-Brown DACs and two 44-bit LSI chips for DSP processing, so these have not been downgraded from the RX-V1. In fact, the Burr-Brown DACs in the RX-Z1 have been upgraded to handle 192 kHz/24 bit data, as opposed to the 96kHz/24 bit DACs in the RX-V1. Although the LSI chips for format decoding (DPL, DD, DTS) have been changed and are 32-bit, I believe they were also 32-bit in the RX-V1. You can read about the RX-Z1 here.
AFAIK, the major (but not the only) enhancements in the Z1 over the V1 are DPL-II, DTS Neo:6, and DTS ES-Discrete 6.1. If these are not that important to you, then I would jump on the RX-V1 at that great price. It is a fine-sounding HT receiver.
Good luck!
Cliff

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Jack the DSP-A1 was a step up from the 2095, the RX-V1 bested the DSP-A1 by a couple steps.Grab the RX for a bill. I have had all three and the RX is a great unit for that price!I have gone to seperates but remember the RX fondly.

Steve M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks