yamaha rxv1 channel drop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jorge c, Jun 13, 2002.

1. jorge c

jorge c Auditioning

Iv decided to buy a Yamaha amp and Iv narrowed it down to the rxv3000 and the rxv1. I would rather buy the rxv1 but am concerned about the channel drop issues, does anyone know if Yamaha has corrected this problem in there manufacturing of more current year models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Trent C

Trent C Agent

I've had my RX-V1 for almost a year now. No problems at all with it so far.

Trent

3. Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis Second Unit

Michael
    Is the V1 still available? I know that the RX-Z1 will be comming out soon, or is already out in some parts. Just curious.

- Mike

4. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I've had this occur two or three times, its not a huge problem. For me its happened on the left channel only, and I just plugged a cable into the pre-in and pre-out, then disconnected it and all was well. My unit is about 15 months old, and I have no idea if they fixed this later on in production.

5. Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis Second Unit

Michael
    Now that I think about it I remember reading somewhere that dust can get into the pre-outs of the v1 causing some weird short that will cause drop outs and sometimes permanent outtages. The solution is to use compressed air to clean out the pre-outs and then cap them to prevent dust from entering. I suspect that those who use the V1 as a pre/pro don't ever get this problem as dust would net ever enter the pre-outs. Of course, my memory on this seems somewhat vague so correct me if I'm way off on this.

- Mike

6. jorge c

jorge c Auditioning

Thanx for your responce I have read the same thing. I guess its worth the trouble if I can get the receiver for a good price.