What's new

Yamaha RXV-800 turning off . . . ? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys. Lately, my RXV-800 has been shutting off when I turn the volume up past about -35. Now, it only does it when the Dolby processor is on and the center channel is active, and when I push the button for "effect off" and it's only in stereo, I can crank it up as loud as I want and it's fine. I've totally disconnected the center channel to see if there was some sort of short, but that didn't fix it. I really don't know enough about the construction of the receiver to diagnose anything, so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
How well ventilated is the receiver? If the receiver gets to hot it will shut down to protect it's circuits. What Center channel are you using and how long have you had it?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If you're pushing bare wires through the speakers or receiver, pay close attention to see if you've got a stray wire touching the terminals. If you're not sure, simply remove them, twist them, and stab them back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks