What's new

Yamaha RXV-540 video switching problem. Please help!! (1 Viewer)

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there...

I bought an Xbox yesterday and everything went well. I plugged the Xbox cables into the red/white/yellow of my receiver's (Yamaha RXV-540) VCR video-in. My video exits via an S-video cable to the TV, which I have on Video 1 to allow for the receiver to do the switching.

I played about 3 hours worth of Xbox yesterday afternoon without issue.

After dinner and stuff, I fired up the rig and got audio fine, but my video was reddish tinged, with horizontal, screen-width lines rolling from bottom to top. There was a faint ghost of a display, but not what was supposed to be there. I switched from TV to VCR (Xbox) mode. Same thing. I switched to DVD mode (with the DVD off, which should leave the screen black) and it gave the same reddish display. I switched S-video cables between the receiver and TV and still the same problem.

The TV still works fine. Any video signal that feeds into and through the receiver appears to have a problem. Hence, by my expert troubleshooting, it appears that my receiver video component has a problem. What do you all think?

Also, do any of you have experience with Good Guys/Yamaha warranty service? I don't think I can find my original sales receipt (3/04), but the GG rep printed me something that may work. Or can they go by serial numbers?

TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Logos1204
Recent bookmarks