What's new

Yamaha RXV-440 reciever. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I just bought one to go with my boston vr-950's. Hopefully it should sound ok with them. I hope it has enough power. Anyone have any opinions on this?

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi Jesse,

The RX-V440 should do drive your VR-950's OK. The 950's aren't power hungry (in fact, Boston Acoustics recommends a reciever as low as 15 watts per channel to drive them) and, if your room isn't overly huge, RX-V440 is surprisingly adequate for it's price.

JB

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I agree with John. You could have gotten a little better for the price but overall the RX-V440 is a pretty decent entry-level reciever. The only thing I didn't like when looking at recievers was the fact it doesn't have enough digital inputs.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well I only had about $150 spend on a reciever and thats what I got. Im not saying I'm not going to upgrade, this was just to get me up and running.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
$150 is a great price for that reciever. Like I said it's a good entry-level but I just found it to lack digital inputs. Good choice though for $150. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks