yamaha RXV 1500 or STR-DA3000ES ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by colm, Jan 31, 2005.

1. colm

colm Auditioning

Hi Everyone, want to upgrade soon and I'm hoping you can all help me decide between the yamaha or the sony? I'm currently tilted towards the Yamaha.. Or..... should I hold onto my Sony STR-DB1080 for another while ????[​IMG]

2. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

1 vote for Yamaha

3. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Maybe not an exact comparison but a Dutch? review rated the Z9 against other flagships from Denon ,Sony Pioneer and Marantz.
    The Yamaha rated 1st place for HT. If this will be your primary use, Yamaha could be the choice here.
    Sony was rated 1st place for music probably due to the digital amps.
    Most people purchase receivers for home theater. You can always set-up a little music system using small two channel seperates later if desired.

4. ShaunLB

ShaunLB Stunt Coordinator

I'd vote for the Yamaha. I've had mine for a few years and it continues to impress my friends and myself. One day I'll move up to a bigger yammie or seperates but I'll always have my my RX-V496 in at least a bedroom or secondary system...can't bear the thought of not using it :)

5. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

I love my Yamaha RX-V2400 and I've heard a few other receivers: Pioneer 1014, H/K AVR230/330/430, Denon 3805. The Yamaha sounds best with HT, but probably not as good as the others for music.