What's new

yamaha RXV 1500 or STR-DA3000ES ? (1 Viewer)

colm

Auditioning
Hi Everyone, want to upgrade soon and I'm hoping you can all help me decide between the yamaha or the sony? I'm currently tilted towards the Yamaha.. Or..... should I hold onto my Sony STR-DB1080 for another while ????;)

JackS

Supporting Actor
Maybe not an exact comparison but a Dutch? review rated the Z9 against other flagships from Denon ,Sony Pioneer and Marantz.
The Yamaha rated 1st place for HT. If this will be your primary use, Yamaha could be the choice here.
Sony was rated 1st place for music probably due to the digital amps.
Most people purchase receivers for home theater. You can always set-up a little music system using small two channel seperates later if desired.

ShaunLB

Stunt Coordinator
I'd vote for the Yamaha. I've had mine for a few years and it continues to impress my friends and myself. One day I'll move up to a bigger yammie or seperates but I'll always have my my RX-V496 in at least a bedroom or secondary system...can't bear the thought of not using it :)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I love my Yamaha RX-V2400 and I've heard a few other receivers: Pioneer 1014, H/K AVR230/330/430, Denon 3805. The Yamaha sounds best with HT, but probably not as good as the others for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks