What's new

Yamaha RXV-1400 (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know the release date? I know it comes out this month but wonder what date there set to come out.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I just got back from one of my local Yamaha dealers and he said he expects them within 2 weeks. Couldn't give me a specific date though.

David Judah

Screenwriter
One of the stores in my area just got one in for display and more are expected this next week, so they should be available either this week or next week in most areas

DJ

kevitra

Second Unit
I was told the 15th by two Tweeters and Abt electronics. I am going to call them again this Friday to see if they received any early.

Then there is the question of price...will they deal. I have had luck with Abt in the past (they are 5 minutes from my work, and I have spent thousands there) so I will be trying them first.

I am still debating over the 1400 and Sony 2000ES. This will be for a 95% HT system, and right now I am leaning toward the Yamaha. The fact that it can power Zone 2 is a huge plus in my book. That feature added with the parametric EQ make this a very attractive unit.

The 2400 has more surround program variations, a learning remote which does macros, and an RS 232 port which COULD enable it to be upgraded to DPLIIx down the line. It is listed as being software upgradable.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The RX-V1400 and 2400 are in Tweeter Stores now
I guess the Tweeter in my area hasn't placed them out yet. The 1300 and 3300 were on display. I can't recall the clearance price for the 3300. Also, the Pioneer Elite gear was pretty wiped out - just the "41" was on the shelf. But, I did see a new Sony 1000ES receiver on the shelf. I'd suspect the receiver landscape at Tweeter will be changing quite a bit over the next two weeks with all the new receivers to stock the shelves.

If someone is looking for a bargain, check out Tweeter - or, your electronics retailer. I saw the Yamaha RXV-530 being cleared out for $199 (normally sells for $399.)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I'm picking up a 1400 today to try out as a processor. I won't be able to try it till tommorow though when my new Axiom speakers arrive. I will try to post a small review in a couple of days.

kevitra

Second Unit
Abt electronics should be getting the 1400 in today. They have had the 2400 in stock for a week.
If they do have the 1400 I will be picking it up to give it a workout. I will also post my thoughts.

FYI: Last week when I was in the store Abt offered me the 1400 (and Sony 2000ES) for $699.

Once the 2000ES arrives I will be buying one of them to do a 'shootout'. The winner will get to stay in my home, unless I dislike both.

kevitra

Second Unit
Abt is not getting the 1400 until late this week. My local Tweeter had one left and they price matched Abt, so am I picking it up tonight. I will post my impressions after I have some time to throughly test it.

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
I'm interested as well in everyone's impressions of these new receivers. Especially the amp section. I had looked at a link some days ago that compared advertised vs actual power output and from what I remember the Yamaha's listed didn't fair to well. (can't remember what models were listed) If anyone can post the link to that chart, I'd appreciate it. I look forward to everyones views of the new 1400/2400.

kevitra

Second Unit
Curt - I have 86db efficient main speakers, a 92db center and 90db surrounds. I plan on pushing the 1400 hard to see if it can handle the load of the main speakers (the center and rears being efficient should help). I don't listen at high volumes very often, but once in a while I do and the unit better be able to keep up.

Here is the link to the actual wattage ratings.

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
Kev,

Thanks for the link, I appreciate your help. I'll be interested in your views on the 1400. By the way, nice theater cabinet! Looks great in your room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks