1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha RXV-1400 with aragon 2005 power amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Would this be a pretty good idea for an intro into seperates? I will obviously upgrade the preamp to a aragon preamp. But for an intro into seperates do you think this is alright?

I have a pair of boston VR-950's on a yamaha rxv-440. At higher volumes it seems to distort and they seem kinda strained. I think that having more power would give me better dynamics. What do you guys think?

2. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

It is a great amp! You will have all the power you will need for just about any speakers.

When you go to seperates, YOU don't mess around.

3. RobCar

RobCar Stunt Coordinator

I'd buy the 1400 and use it by itself first, then get the amp later if you still feel like you need to. The 1400 will have a lot more power than the 440. Plus, Yamaha and Boston sound really good together.

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I have a Yamaha RXV1400/Rotel RMB-1095 setup that sounds fantastic.

Kevin

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I like Yamaha. I like Aragon. But I have to think, if you're going to spend that much money for that good an amp, why not get a pre/pro and dump the Yamaha receiver? Outlaw, Rotel, Sherwood, Integra, etc, all make good value pre/pros. Or, maybe that's your next step. [​IMG]

I had a Yamaha RX-V793. Then added a 2 channel Nakamichi PA-5AII power amp. (Stasis class, a la Threshold and Nelson Pass.) Then I added an Acurus 100x3 amp. Then I traded up to a a Sony TA-E9000ES pre/pro. This was 5 years ago. [​IMG]

One last thought. If you *ever* think you might want to go to 7.1, you might want to think about getting the 2007.