What's new

Yamaha RXV-1200 or Denon AVR-2802 in DD or DTSES, who's got the crown? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
These are the two receivers I have narrowed it down to. I know the Denon has more power, 10wpc, but the Yamaha has more inputs, and a way better remote. Only thing is, I have heard that Yamaha's can be a litte harsh sounding, is this ture? Anyone narrowed it down to these two and choose one, or listened to both side by side? I eliminated the Onkyo 696 from my list since Onkyo seems to have problems with center channel cutouts in their receivers. I am only running 5.1 rite now, and will be running for at least another year, but I need the upgradeability. And the 7.1 outs of the 2802 are a big plus. I know that the Yamaha has more bells and whistles which I don't really need, or does it sound good and have the good use features to make it better than what I have heard is the class leading Denon 2802?

Matt Lando

Agent
I too would be interested in hearing what people think about this. Also, what do you mean by problems with the center channel cutouts in Onkyo receivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks