1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha RX630 vs. Onkyo 600 vs. Denon 1802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Antonio

Antonio Extra

Hello there,

I am looking for a budget receiver and the Yamaha RX630, Onkyo 600, and Denon 1802 came into view after a bit of research. Which to choose? I am planning (not sure yet) to drive a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9s, cc270 or 370, and probably atoms for the rears. Is it a crime to use one of these budget receivers with these speakers?

From what I have been told, there will be no Onkyo 600s around me until late April the earliest and so I am wondering whether it will be worth the wait. I would really like to get my HT started within this week.

Also I can't find many reviews of the Yamaha RX600, so I would like to ask if Yahama usually produce solid receivers??

Any qualms with any of the receivers listed? Maybe you guys have better suggestions (want to spend up to $500)?

Thanks for any input in advance!

2. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

rxv630 is solid ...6.1, as opposed to the avr1802 which is 5.1

3. Antonio

Antonio Extra

For the Yamaha RX630... does anyone know if the remote is a programmable macro remote? I have heard compaints about the Denon's remote and that the Onyko 595's was great but am interested in the Yamaha as well.

4. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

No, pre-programmed...if you want learning look at the RXV730

If you want macros, look at the RXV2200