What's new

Yamaha RX-Z9 (1 Viewer)

PrinzII

Agent
I am interested in the Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver. I am looking for feedback on this receiver to see if I should buy it or stick with the Yamaha RX-Z1.

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
This sounds like a great receiver to buy. I downloaded the specs some ago. It has a built-in video processor, and it now has THX certification. This is one of those companies I thought would never get involved with THX. But, here it is, I would say buy it and enjoy it!!

PrinzII

Agent
Wayne: Thx. I corrected this. I was not aware.

Everyone else: I read the specs on the Z9 and really fell in love with it (especially with the THX ultra). But I am wondering if anyone's listened to it (Especially with B&W DM series speakers). :D

Werner H

Grip
I picked one up about 2 weeks ago and have found it to be nothing short but an amazing and powerful unit. I upgraded from a Yamaha DSP-A1 and am very impressed with it. Set-up is fairly simple if you know the terminology. For the price I asume you do. I'm sure you will be as impressed as I am. It is the best sounding unit Yamaha has produced to date. I follow them and Denon as a hobby and have always favored Yamaha.

In sort if the price is right I say go for it and enjoy it. It's one hell of a piece.

I picked it up for $3,650 at a local authorized dealer.
Good prices for it can be found!

CuZ06

Agent
Real Name
JC
I to am looking at this piece as a future acquistion in my home theater, have to get that 55" HDTV first. How are things PrinzII:D

Cutlr7 from our other board:emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Goldman

Auditioning
Hey Werner H, I live in Baltimore and haven't been able to find a store that has the Z9..mind telling me where you found yours?

PrinzII

Agent
Like Werner, I like Yamaha and Denon Receivers. At first, I had a hard time finding speakers that would give the Yammie a good sound. I listened to Klipsch, Mirage, Polk. None of those three gave me the sonic balance or quality I was looking for (However, the Denon/Polk/Velodyne combo did, but that was several years ago).

I had given up on Yamaha until I listened to a set of B&Ws. Those speakers gave me exactly what I was looking for in sonic quality and balance.

However, since I decided on speakers, the receiver's still up in the air. I like the Z9 because of the THX certification and more power. But I also like the Z1 because it can be gotten at a halfway decent price.

Considering that I will be moving in the not too distant future, I might wait until I get into my new digs before making a final decision.

BTW, I took my fiancee with me to check out the Z1/B&W combo and she loves it since she likes jazz and old school R&B. I also threw some of my "normal" music at it and the combo handled that very well (Jason Reynolds knows what my "normal" music is). :D

Greg>B

Auditioning
Werner.

I currently have the DSP-A1 and am considering an upgrade to the Z9. Aside from the additional features it has, can you give any specific comments as to how the Z9 compares with CD/SACD.

It it night and day better than the A1 with music? Since you have owned both units any other comments you may have are welcome.

Thanks

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the RX-V1 and much as I admire the Z1 and Z9, can't see enough of an improvement in the upgrade to rationalize the expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks