What's new

Yamaha RX-Z11 questions (1 Viewer)

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I hope someone here can help me. I am thinking of buying the Yamaha RX-Z11 receiver but I have a few questions before I spend $5,000. Is the receiver going to be replaced with a new model soon since this receiver has been out for over a year? I can wait if that is the case. Also does anyone here own this receiver and what do you think of it? Any problems? Thanks.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Hi Dwayne. It seems like anymore whether its receivers or Blu-ray players, every year they come out with something "new & improved" over last years big deal,must have, piece of equipment. And most of the time, the changes are incremental. So, I'd say if you want this receiver, get it. More than likely , it has enough new features that it should last you for years to come, no matter what the next "new big thing" is. I don't own the receiver, but the only problem I see with it is ,it's $5000! So, good luck with that!

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
If you are worried about future proof, spend your $5k on seperates (pre/pro and amps).

Also, you have to ask yourself if 11.2 is really necessary. If you have a dedicated Home Theater room in the 350+ sq ft range, maybe, anything below that, bit of a waste. Also, you should note that above 5.1, the rest is DSP imaging to create the additional 6.1 fields. With Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, why would you bother adding processing to the mix???

Personally, with $5k I'd get a good pre/pro (Anthem, Rotel, Outlaw, etc...) and good amps and with the cash left over, add that to the speaker budget.

JB

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the answers. I think I will wait a month to decide on what I want to do. $5,000 is a lot to pay.

serraniruben

Auditioning
Real Name
serrani ruben
Hi ,
Personaly I go to pre/power/procesor combo for the same money with betters results.
Rubén

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I suggest assessing your needs and expectations and compare to see if you really need everything the Z11 offers. Most top-of-the-line receivers have way more features and inputs than anyone will ever use.

For instance, do you really need inputs for two DVD players, both digtal TV and cable/satellite? MD player, CD recorder, VCR? Do you need audio outs for four zones? Dual HDMI outputs? Connections for thirteen speakers? Do you need Neural Surround and Circle Surround? And so on.

Bottom line, you can probably get a receiver with everything you need for less than half the price of that Yamaha.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I ended up buying the Yamaha RX-Z7. Amazon had some type of a price glitch and I got it for $1999. That was a $500 savings. They changed the price back a few hours later after their mistake. The receiver is great and I am glad I did not spend more for the RX-Z11. Thank you to everyone for their input. You saved me a lot of moey.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks