Yamaha RX-V800 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradK, Mar 16, 2002.

1. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

I'm wondering if anyone with this receiver can help. I only have s video and composite inputs on the tv. In order to view receivers on screen display, the manual says connect your monitor to COMPONENT jacks AND either VIDEO or S VIDEO.

So basically, if you dont have component inputs on tv, you're s.o.l. for osd?? Is there any way around this

2. mark lilley

mark lilley Auditioning

I have this receiver and use the composite connection

to my tv. It works fine. I,m not sure because I,m at work right now but there might be 2 monitor out jacks. Make sure

you're using the right one.I did notice on my tv (hitachi rptv) that it only works on the video input that it's connected to. So if i'm watching a dvd on input 2 I don't get the osd. Check your tv inputs.

3. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

Ok, well I have it connected from vid.in of tv to vid.out of receiver, via composite cable and I can't seem to get it on screen. Any ideas?

4. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

Woops, replied too fast, will check that Mark...thx

5. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

There's only a s vid. out and composite vid. out. I have the comp. vid. out connected to comp. vid. in on tv. Maybe there is a setting somewhere turned off ??

6. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for help, I now have osd following Bill's advice on the HT basics forum.

7. Bradley_C

Bradley_C Auditioning

Brad,

I have an RX-800 and I have both S-Video and Component cables from my Reciever to my TV. I use S-Video for Sat Dish and VCR (through RCA to S-Video connector) and I use Component for DVD. All of it is switched through my Receiver but ONLY the S-Video signals from the monitor out on the Receiver to the TV pass OSD. I couldn't figure out why I could never get the Component signal to pass OSD but it appears from the above posts, it is not possible. Guess I could have saved myself a set of Component cables and gone directly from the DVD player to the TV. Live and Learn. Wonder why the Component signal won't pass OSD. Is this a technical thing or did Yamaha just drop the ball on this?