What's new

Yamaha RX-V667 and DISH receiver HDMI problem (1 Viewer)

jerrydunn

Agent
Real Name
Jerry Dunn
I have a Yamaha RX-V667 HT receiver connected to my TV via HDMI. The RX-V667 has 6 HDMI inputs. I can connect my Blu-Ray player to any of those inputs and it works fine. Video from the player to the TV through the Yamaha looks great.Just got DISH satellite TV. I can connect the HDMI output of the sat receiver to my TV via HDMI and it looks fine.Here's the problem...if I connect the HDMI output of the sat receiver to an HDMI input of my RX-V667 the video to the TV is intermittent. Picture and sound blinks on then off at maybe 2 to 3 sec intervals. Seems that the Yamaha and the DISH receiver just don't want to play together...separately their fine, just not together.Anyone have any idea as to why?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Possible since you(or they) connected it to the TV first, the handshake needs reset. (unplug it for half hour, try again)

Or...the AVR isn't liking the fluctuation in resolution.

I would assume the DN STB you have allows native resolutions. Try setting it for 1080I or 720P.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
My projector hates changes in sources and sometimes just changes of blu rays (resolution changes perhaps???), setting the AVR to output 1080p for all sources solved the problem. So experiment and see what creates the most stabilty and the fastest handshakes, source or AVR...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks