What's new

Yamaha RX V573 Receiver with LG 65" OLED C Series (1 Viewer)

BalaamsAss

Auditioning
Real Name
Cary Hawkins
I'm having issues with these two components (Yamaha RX V573 Receiver with LG 65" OLED C Series) and any TV app that is running 5.1 sound (Netflix, Disney, Prime, etc.). The Yamaha receiver is older but has an ARC HDMI slot. Sound works for everything else just fine. What's really strange is if I turn on any app, the sound disappears if it is 5.1 (I can hear normal sound just fine - some of the apps like Netflix allow you to change this setting in the app), but if I change the receiver from TV Audio to any other input and then back to TV audio, I get 5.1 sound. Changing apps or going away from the app and then back means I have to switch inputs on the receiver again to hear anything. I've tinkered with every possible setting to see if I can get past this annoying step of always going back and forth any time I want to watch something on the TV apps. Does anyone have a clue as to how to resolve this?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Could have something to do with HDCP 2.2. Yamaha didn't start supporting that until the Vx79 series.

BalaamsAss

Auditioning
Real Name
Cary Hawkins
Could have something to do with HDCP 2.2. Yamaha didn't start supporting that until the Vx79 series.

Well, at least I have a workaround for the time being. I could also do an optical cable, but I would prefer the HDMI ARC for simplicity's sake. Do you have any recommendations on a good replacement receiver for 5.1 sound? I need to replace my Yamaha eventually.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well, at least I have a workaround for the time being. I could also do an optical cable, but I would prefer the HDMI ARC for simplicity's sake. Do you have any recommendations on a good replacement receiver for 5.1 sound? I need to replace my Yamaha eventually.
As far as Yamaha goes for 5.1. pretty much any 3 model from 81 on sooooo that would be the 385. I have a 383 and I have no problem with it on my Roku tv over ARC.

BalaamsAss

Auditioning
Real Name
Cary Hawkins
As far as Yamaha goes for 5.1. pretty much any 3 model from 81 on sooooo that would be the 385. I have a 383 and I have no problem with it on my Roku tv over ARC.

I ordered a 385. I've been happy with mine, but definitely need 4k quality video and audio now. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks