Yamaha RX-V530/Paradigm Monitor 7's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aime, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Aime

Aime Auditioning

Members, I thank you for your help. I have read and considered your advice carefully. I am about to take the plunge. Feel free to comment on my choices so far. I am especially interested in your comments regarding the Yamaha RX-V530/Paradigm Monitor 7's combination. Overall, do you think this system is well balanced? Again, thank you.

A/V Receiver = Yamaha RX-V530

Front Speakers = Paradigm Monitor 7's
    Centre Speaker = Paradigm CC-370
    Surround Speakers = Paradigm Atoms
    Subwoofer = Paradigm PS-1000

Television = Sony KV32FS100

DVD Player = Sony DVP-NS415

2. Aime

Aime Auditioning

Obviously, my message has not generated much interest. Still, if anyone has an opinion regarding a Yamaha RX-V530/Paradigm Monitor 7 combination, I would be very interested in hearing it. Is it a good match? Thank you.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The 7s are great speakers, but I think the 530 will be pushing the limit of being underpowered for the 7s. What size room? It will work but I think the 7s will be happier with more power.
    Give this thread a look for my opinion on Atoms: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=98648

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Aime,

sorry we're sluggards here. Yes, I see no reason why ths shouldn't be a very nice match for you, if you are buying sight unseen/unheard.

I have a Yamaha 100wpc and Monitor 9s. I have no complaints about the so-called Yamaha brightness here. In fact, in my carpeted living room with sofas, it's a little dull, actually.

Yamaha RXV-530 in the lines from 4XX to 7XX has the same electronics as its class cousins, same THD, same damping factor, etc., but fewer inputs/outputs and other features for its price level.

If I had to rebuy, looking to the future, I wud get Paradigm Reference Studio 60s. For yourself, see if you can price Studio 40s compared to M 7s. Bookshelf go well with a nice 12-in subwoofer. (I know the cost of spkr stnds is a hidden expense for Studio 40s) But the whole pkg cud be $1,000U.S. more, any this may be unrealistic.

So again, you cud be proud to have the Yammie and Paradigm Monitor package.

5. ChrisJJ

ChrisJJ Agent

You also may consider the RX-V630 for the future flexibility of pre-outs for all channels. It will provide you a little future proofing, especially if you find the power inadequate after you bring it home. An external amp is a great upgrade step down the line.

Chris

6. Aime

Aime Auditioning

After reading your comments, I have decided to upgrade from the Yamaha RX-V530 to the Yamaha RX-V630, mainly for the following reasons:
    1) Slightly more power (6 x 75 W RMS instead of 5 x 65 W RMS),
    2) Yamaha RX-V630 has pre-outs, which provide a little future proofing.

Thanks for your help.

System:

A/V Receiver = Yamaha RX-V630

Front Speakers = Paradigm Monitor 7s
    Centre Speaker = Paradigm CC-370
    Surround Speakers = Paradigm Atoms
    Subwoofer = Paradigm PS-1000

Television = Sony KV32FS100

DVD Player = Sony DVP-NS415

7. Jeff Richardson

Jeff Richardson Auditioning

You say that "Yamaha RX-V630 has pre-outs, which provide a little future proofing." I'm about to get a receiver and speakers (for speakers I've picked the Energy Take 5.2 speakers) and a salesman encouraged me to get the Yamaha RX-V530. I understand that one advantage of the 630 is slightly more power, but since I have a small room this is not a major consideration. What do you mean by "pre-outs"? I realize that this is a newbie question, but I just don't understand what this means.

-Jeff

8. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

Pre-outs would be used to include a separate amp to power some of your speakers. Unless you have huge speakers to power a big room, using amps is a bit of an overkill. Since you're in a small room, the 530 would be the better choice. If you plan on upgrading your speakers to towers, or move into a much bigger room, I would receommend the 630, just in case you might need to utlilize its pre-outs.

From the looks of it, the 530 would be fine for you.

9. Aime

Aime Auditioning

A small correction is in order. Yamaha receivers are not rated the same everywhere. The USA-Canada Yamaha RX-V530 is rated 5 x 75 W RMS while the International Yamaha RX-V530 is rated at 5 x 65 W RMS. The USA-Canada and International Yamaha RX-V630 are both rated at 6 x 75 W RMS.

Nevertheless, I purchased the Yamaha RX-V630 because of the pre-outs (all channels), the Digital ToP-ART Technology and the fact that this receiver won the EISA award for 2002-2003.

Thanks.

Aimé

10. Tom_Mack

Tom_Mack Stunt Coordinator

I have the monitor 7s and the Yamaha rxv596 100w receiver. I am very happy with the setup for movies, but I am very disappointed in music playback, especially 2 channel. It is a little too bright and lacked bass. I have also tried Denon, Marantz, and Onkyo/Integra receivers. The Denon was much better for music, but I wasn't happy with movies. The Marantz was also very good for music and for movies, but had a delay when picking up a digital signal that really bugged me. The Onkyo/Integra was extreamely bright/tinny and was a bad match all around. All of the above is IMHO.

If you will be watching movies the most then get the Yamaha, if you will be listening to a lot of two channel music then I would give a few other brands a listen.