What's new

Yamaha RX-V461 No Subwoofer Signal (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovic

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I've had my Yamaha RX-V461 set up for over a decade, connected to a JBL surround sound system, including a subwoofer. It's worked flawlessly forever. I moved to a new house, connected everything back together but I'm having issues. The first is that the subwoofer doesn't appear to be getting a signal from the receiver. The light on the back stays red, no matter what settings I try on the receiver. I've replaced the cable and checked the fuse at the physical level. They're fine. I've also tried plugging into its own dedicated outlet.

The unit was powered off for about six months during the move. When the receiver powered on, it was in setup mode. I hit "start" and let it run through the ypao setup. Everything appeared fine, with the exception of the sub of course.

I've gone through every setting, trying the "both" and "subwoofer" settings for sending the signal to the sub. Still no green light on the sub. I've reset the receiver multiple times. I'm at a total loss.

FWIW - the sound on the tuner is nice and loud, just like it always was. However, the Sonos sound levels are maybe a quarter of what they were. I used this system forever with no issues. I cannot understand what changed in the setup of the receiver that would cause this to happen. I hate to toss the receiver as it's in great shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bolorkay
Recent bookmarks