Yamaha RX-V371 Home Theater System Lock Audio Type to Input.

SolsticeWind

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Mike
Hello, Sorry if I missed a similar thread but I've been looking for a while and cant find anything similar. I currently have a BD player, Xbox 360, DVR and Wii connected to my Yamaha RX-V371. The STRAIGHT mode works well for the first three but the Wii only uses Dolby Pro Logic II, I learned how to chose the proper option through the Sur. Decode button on the remote. However, on page 26 the instruction manual states that Sound Field programs will be stored for each input and when switching inputs the Sound Field options will change to the last used on that input. This is not the case, whenever I switch between my Wii and any other input (or vise versa) it carries over the current Sound Field. Is there a setting I've missed or a way to lock a specific sound Field to an audio input source? Thank you so much for your help!

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Sound fields (such as Hall, Theater, etc) are gimmicks IMHO. If you set the decode mode to "Auto" that *should* get the results you want by properly detecting the signal and decoding same.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha