Yamaha RX-V3300

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Chalk, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

2. JimC_A

JimC_A Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by "inclusion of front effects"? Other than the increase in wattage, why would I want the 3300 instead of my 1300? Just curious...

3. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

The Front Effects channels. They are two extra speakers in the front that add depth to the sound. Yamaha includes them on their top of the line receivers, and a couple years ago they put them on the RX-V3000. For some reason, they didn't put them on the RX-V3200.

All of the people I've talked to who have Yamahas with Front Effects really like them.

4. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

The amplifier is basically that of the RX-V1 ..... processing formats of course current inclusion of dtses disc/matr/96-24 dd ex ........ this is a receiver i am seriously taking a look at! I sell it and need to demo it a little more ............ its just a beast.. too heavy to lift all over the place

5. Kevin Roebuck

Mark,

Since you have this unit at your store, can you tell me if it has the lighted remote. From the pictures on the US and CANADIAN sites it looks like it is not lighted. This would be an unfortunate downgrade from prior equivalent models.

Thanks

6. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

well yes that was the only dissappointment I had with the yamaha rep ..... not backlit with the exception of the little 1 inch screen ......

I may plan to get yamahas version of the pronto.... hopefully they run a promo with it to get the rav2000 for half price or something for customers i may have that want it ..... it was a nice promo last christmas for the rxv3000 ...

7. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Hey Paul:
    I recently replaced my RX-V2095, which had the front effect speakers, with a RX-V3200 which, as you have pointed out does not have the front effect speakers. Can't say that I miss the front effect speakers. The sound stage seems just as wide in the DSP processing mode with the RX-V3200 as it did with the RX-V2095. However, I love my Yamahas no matter what configuration that they come in.
    Regards,
    TCIII