What's new

Yamaha rx-v3300 (1 Viewer)

Steve Satch

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my five year old Yamaha rx-v995. While reading about the rx-v2400 made me really want it, I also read about many people finding great deals on the rx-v3300. I mean people finding it for $600 new, from an authorized dealer. If I found a deal like that I'd give up the things the 2400 has (auto eq, adjustable x-over, DPLIIx) to get the imrpoved amps of the 3300. Anyone have any leads? Please e-mail, post here, or PM me.

Brent_j

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I was in the same boat with regards to a new 3300 or 2400. In the end I opted for the 2400 because of all the new features it had, and after listening to them side by side, I could not tell a big difference at all. The adjustable cross-over feature is great, Its nice to have THX processing along with DPLIIx, the optimizer is a nice feature as well. With that said I am going to add an amp to my system for my power hungry fronts and center (Polk RTi10's, CSi5)

my two cents for you.

Good luck,
Brent.

Bill_Mis

Stunt Coordinator
I too owned the 995 til last year in January when I upgraded to the 3300. The amps in it are clearly better and more powerful than the 995. But on the other hand, I would rather have some of the new features of the 2400 to custom tailor a wide variety of situations compared to the 3300. You always have the option to add outboard amps later but its doubtful you'll ever update software within the 3300. The 3300 is a great piece, but I would go with the 2400.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks