What's new

Yamaha RX-V2600 (1 Viewer)

Dave_M

Agent
Real Name
David Martin
OK, after pulling my hair out and reading an endless thread over at AVS forum, I got an answer to my question. You must choose either 2 Large or 2 Small for surround back speaker setup in order to get all of the processing options on both THX and Standard. If you choose only 1 back speaker(like I did), many of the options are "greyed out". I can now get THX Select 2, THX Game, and THX Music to work in addition to Dpl IIx Movie, Music, and DD EX/DTS ES. All can be used over incoming 5.1/6.1 sources. Also, to me they are much more valuable than the Yamaha processing modes. Right now I do have only 1 back surround but will change that soon. For now, I guess I'm "tricking" the receiver. Wish I could have found this in the manual!

fernandos

Auditioning
Guys,

There's a review on audioholics (I believe) on the RX-4600 that reveal an average of around 40 watts per channel (all channels driven). Not a total suprise and remember, your system will only need 5-10 watts of actual power driving the speakers depending on the dynamics, demands of the movie/audio soundtrack, room size, speaker charateristics/impedance, etc. Typically, the 5 or 7 channel spec is used testing one speaker at a time at 1khz. Audioholics gave the 4600 an excellent overall review despite the differences in advertised power specs vs actual output. :)

Robert Ham

Agent
That seems very strange on the power, but I will read the review and See if I can understand what they are saying! I now have my RX-V2600 home, Acoustech HT-75 speakers and my Toshiba 1080P 62" TV arrives on Tuesday!! SO I am getting ready for a new beginning of my home theater upgrade. last time was 8 years ago! Nice to remove tons of cables and wires and replace them with a few HDMI cables!!! ;) ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks