Yamaha RX-V2600 vs. Onkyo TXSR674

latrapeze

Agent
Real Name
Phil St.Onge
I have narrowed down my options for a new receiver to the Yamaha RX-V2600 vs. Onkyo TXSR674. What do you guys think would be the wisest choice for me and why? I know the Onkyo is a bit less expensive but other than the price point comparison, what are the other points I should consider?
Thanks.
Phil

cctyu

Agent
Real Name
Charles Yu
I find most Yamaha's sound too 'metallic and harsh'. Onkyo tends to be more 'natural'. Try a piano/orchestral CD and you should know what I mean. Have you looked at Denon or Marantz? Some of their new models are top-notched and value for money.

Jason J G

Agent
I have a Yamaha RX-V4600, I really like the crispness of it.

I like being able to visually adjust my equalizer per individual channel on my television. It gives you a good point of reference. I don't know if the RX-V2600 is the same, but, I really like Yamaha audio and visual products.

I've never owned an Onkyo receiver, so I cannot provide a comaprision, but, Some higher end audio and visual stores will do an apples to apples comparision for you. The store I bought all of my equipment from (except my Samsung 71" 1080p) did hook the Yamaha I ended up purchasing to the speakers I ended up purchasing, and did the same thing with and Arcam receiver, same wires, same power, same listening room etc. This was the best comparision for me, on DVD, and CD.

If it's sound you're looking for no man can tell you what you'll like.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have owned Onkyo and Ymahama, and I personally prefer the sound of Yamaha. To me FM sounds better in Yamaha than in Onkyo.

But ultimately, let your own ears make the decision for you. Choose the one that sounds best to you. We can only offer our own personal preferences and opinions.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punitatbsabo