Yamaha RX-V2300 Speaker set up Problem HELP!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RandyMe, Feb 17, 2003.

1. RandyMe

RandyMe Auditioning

I recently got a Yamaha RX-V2300 AV Receiver.

When I initially set it up, I had 1 pair of Klipsch KG 3.5's as mains and a B&W sub, so in the set-up menu I set the Mains to LRG, the Sub to BOTH and the center, surrounds & rear to NONE.

My Klipsch KG 2.2V Center arrived yesterday (eBay), so I hooked it up right away of course. I went back into Speaker Set and changed the center to LRG.

The 2.2 started playing immediatly... until I exited the Speaker Set menu, at which time it immediatly Stopped playing!

I went back into the Speaker Set menu and it started playing again, and when I exited it stopped again.
    I've gone in & out every way I can find & I don't see any place to "save changes" but I can't get it to play the center without being in the Speaker Set menu.

Help??

Thanks

2. VicQ

VicQ Stunt Coordinator

Sounds weird. Make sure you have the center speaker hooked up to the right terminal in the back. Read your manual again. That's all I can think of.

-Vic

3. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Stunt Coordinator

Hi

I have the Yamaha HTR-5590. I know it's not the same, but mine has an option to protect your settings from being changed. Maybe you have that turned on. I can't remeber what they called the option, but it was toward the end of the settings menu.

Frank

4. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Stunt Coordinator

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up. It was just a thought.