What's new

Yamaha RX-V2300 Speaker set up Problem HELP! (1 Viewer)

RandyMe

Auditioning
I recently got a Yamaha RX-V2300 AV Receiver.

When I initially set it up, I had 1 pair of Klipsch KG 3.5's as mains and a B&W sub, so in the set-up menu I set the Mains to LRG, the Sub to BOTH and the center, surrounds & rear to NONE.

My Klipsch KG 2.2V Center arrived yesterday (eBay), so I hooked it up right away of course. I went back into Speaker Set and changed the center to LRG.

The 2.2 started playing immediatly... until I exited the Speaker Set menu, at which time it immediatly Stopped playing!

I went back into the Speaker Set menu and it started playing again, and when I exited it stopped again.
I've gone in & out every way I can find & I don't see any place to "save changes" but I can't get it to play the center without being in the Speaker Set menu.

Help??

Thanks

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds weird. Make sure you have the center speaker hooked up to the right terminal in the back. Read your manual again. That's all I can think of.

-Vic

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have the Yamaha HTR-5590. I know it's not the same, but mine has an option to protect your settings from being changed. Maybe you have that turned on. I can't remeber what they called the option, but it was toward the end of the settings menu.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks