What's new

Yamaha RX-V2200 problem, please help! (1 Viewer)

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a new Yamaha RX-V2200. After hooking it up to the rest of my system, I've decided to tested the DTS-ES decoder with some DVD (Gladiator, Cast Away and T2:UE): I experienced audio drop-out on DTS-ES:frowning: . When I switch the 6.1 off, everything play fine. The problem appear only on DTS-ES discrete and matrix soundtracks, no problem with DD-EX. First I thought it was because I was using a video cable instead of a digital coax between my DVD player (Pioneer DV-333) and the receiver, but the same thing append with an optical cable. Please help!
YM

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I can answer one part of this: video cable is 75 ohm, which is exactly the same as coax "digital" cable. So makes sense that you'd get the problem that way too.

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
Yannick - i've watched every movie that you mention through my RXV2200 with no problems whatsoever ?

Did you select the DTS ES soundtrack from the movie menu itself ?

Bob

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies.

Like I said the problems is only with the DTS-ES tracks, everythings fine with the DD-EX tracks or when I turn off the 6.1 on the DTS-ES one.

I'm beginning to think it's my dvd player, I'll take it where I bought the 2200 and try it with their demo.

I'll keep you inform of my findings.

YM

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, whitch model of DVD player do you have?

I've just tested it with my parents DVD player (Pioneer DV-440) and it does the same problems. I'm gonna change my coax cable for a better one and if the problem is still there, I'll take my DVD player where I bought my receiver to test it with their 2200 demo.

YM

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
Yannick - My DVD player is a Panasonic DVD-RV32K. I use AR Masters Series Digital Optical cable.

Good luck with yours.

BTW...does this happen often throughout the movies and always in the smae place or at random ?

Bob

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
It does sound like something is not right with receiver since you tried 2 different dvd players on it and it did the same thing. I never heard of Yahama's doing this so like you said go back to the dealer and test it out there. If it doesn't work then you should be able to get a replacement. Let us know what happens.

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Well it was the receiver all along...

I got a new one and everything is now fine, I've watch my Gladiator & Cast Away DVDs and they played perfectly.

But the two DVD players were Pioneer (DV-333 and DV-440): and they are pretty much the same player (only minor differences like no optical out on the 440). I tought it was maybe a problem with those players.

BTW : I've just finished watching BTTF (WS LD) in DPLII: WOW!

Thanks to you all for your help.

YM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks