1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha RX-V2095 vs RX-v3000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertSchaez, May 15, 2002.

1. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

I have owned a RX-v2095 for the last 3 years. While it has been a great receiver, there have always been a few things that drove me nuts. The remote's lack of room for non-Yamaha components, no rename-able inputs, no 24bit dacs (if my ears could even hear the diff)and the biggie, no all-channel stereo. I happened upon the RX-V3000 on closeout at the GoodGuys for $750, new in-box with their 3 yr. extended warranty thrown in. I couldn't resist the deal, so I bought it on the spot. To shorten this long story, after listening to it, it almost seems like it sounds a little diffefent than the 2095, a little more rolled off in the treble(though I haven't reconnected the 2095 to confirm this). Is it the 24bit/96khz DACs, the TOPART chassis, or my imagination?

Thanks!

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

It's not your imagination. I noticed the same thing with their newer models(ones from the last couple of years). I prefer the change and it will open up speaker options for prospective buyers.

DJ

3. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by "Open up speaker options"?