What's new

Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver possibly for sale (1 Viewer)

Joe_G

Second Unit
With all the receivers coming out with the new HD sound decoders, it got me to thinking about selling my current receiver and upgrading to a new one.

So, I may be possibly selling my Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver. This was purchased just over a year ago, brand new/sealed, from Etronics and is mint condition and top-working order. I haven't put a lot of hrs on it and in fact hasn't been used since late June. The receiver is THX select 2 certified and is rated at 120w x 7. It has all of the inputs, including 2 HDMI "in" jacks and 1 "out" jack. The system is complete including manual, both remotes, radio antenna and microphone for audio set-up. All of the original packaging is also included and I will try to double-box it for added safety.

I would asking $500, insured shipping included.

PM if interested.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Do you know the HDMI version and what it is capable of in terms of the advanced audio codecs over HDMI? The Yamaha site didn't make that clear so it is probably 1.1.

Chris

komatsu

Auditioning
Real Name
son
i am HCMC-Vietnam, can you note me details of payment /delivery for our deal?

Cheers

Joe_G

Second Unit

It's HDMI version 1.1.. It can sucessfully pass TrueHD and Dolby Digital+ via PCM through HDMI. I have both the Toshiba XA2 and PS3 hooked up to this via HDMI and it sounds awesome. I haven't had any problems paying back the new audio codecs on this receiver. DTS-HD isn't available for these players yet, so I can't comment on that one. I'm pretty sure that DTS-HD will work as well, as long as the signal can be passed via PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks