What's new

Yamaha RX-V1400 in the T.O. Area? (1 Viewer)

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
I am interested in picking up this receiver or maybe even the 2400 if the price was right. Can anyone tell me if they have seen either of these receivers for a good price in this area?

Thanks
Steve

ChrisFR

Grip
Check out Update Audio on Spadina.

They are an authorized dealer and sell the 1400 for $1.000.00 including tax - If you pay cash. I think this is an excellent price as they normally sell in T.O, for $1050 plus tax.

The model they sell includes the IIX firmeare upgrade. Email me as I might be intersested in one as well (I'm still deciding whether to buy one) and we might even get two for less.

My email is [email protected]

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Just to give you T-dot folks an idea, I managed to get my RX-V2400 for $1120 CDN plus taxes here in Montreal. You should shoot for that price point for the 2400, so in my opinion $1050 for the 1400 is a little pricey. As for $1000 tax-in, paid cash for the 1400, please make sure for your own sake that you get a receipt and that the seller is authorized by Yamaha otherwise Yamaha will revoke your 2-year manufacturer's warranty. You can verify the list of authorized resellers on Yamaha Canada's website.

By the way, I got mine from Stereo Plus in St-Eustache, Quebec.

ChrisFR

Grip
"Update" on Spadina Ave. is definitely an authorized dealer.

I called Yamaha in Toronto and they confirmed this - so the full warranty would be in effect.

The store is in a mall and the store is very modest in size and displays - no listening rooms etc, really just a spot to go to make a purchase.

So I guess that's the reason for the good prices.

HoiT

Agent
Just for reference purpose, the 1400 is listed at 1200 cdn and the 2400 at 1400 cdn. So, 1000 tax included for the 1400 is a very good deal. BTW, where exactly is Update Audio located? Thanks.

HoiT

ChrisFR

Grip
On Spadina Ave, between Queen & Dundas in Chinatown (West side of street) They are on the second floor of the shopping plaza. Sorry I donèt know the exact street number. A no-frills place but good prices.

ChrisFR

Grip
Bought a Yamaha 1400 today for $1,000.00 including tax. Comes in a sealed box and you get a written receipt for warranty purposes.

The 2400 is $1,170.00 including taxes.

As I mentioned a no-frills place and it's actually on the main floor not the second.

Tell them Chris sent you, as I told them there could be some more biz from the Home-Theater-Forum gang!

Good luck.

HoiT

Agent
Chris,

You got a good deal! The price for the 2400 is great. It will definitely worth my while to drive down. Enjoy!!

HoiT

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Wow, that's an incredible price for the 2400! I paid $1280 including taxes for my 2400 and I thought that was an awesome price!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Take a look at today's Toronto Sun. There's an audio store that had the 1400 priced at $950(with a slash through it).

Kevin

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
man...how do dealers survive slashing the prices that low...? It's great for you guys, but I'd hate to have to run a store without making money! :D

Mike

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
...you slash and burn, and hope to God you hit your mark to get a volume rebate from the vendor!

ChrisFR

Grip
If warranty coverage is a concern I would call Yamaha Canada to verify that the store that is selling Yamaha product is "Authorized"

I checked out one Yonge St.. store that was selling the 1400 - and Yamaha told me that the store in question was not a Yamaha dealer and that they wouldn't cover warranty repairs.

Caveat Emptor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks