What's new

Yamaha RX-V1300 video switching audio problem (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok I use my receiver to switch component video, how do i change the audio without turning off the input, i want to tun my tv in split screen with one component input then on the other side have my vcr with the sound. but whenever i switch to the vcr sound i lose the picture form my component source.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok sorry here goes explaination number 2.

I use my receiver for component video switching. When I turn it to my Playstation's Input (in this case DVD on the receiver) I get picture on my screen and sound through my speakers. I then use the split screen mode on my TV so that I can watch tv and play video games. to do this however I want the sound from the other source, when when i switch to the other inputs I lose picture fromt he component switching. What I want is to listen to one source and get video from another through my receiver.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If your Yamaha is like mine, when you switch from a video source to an audio source, you will still get the picture from the video source. If you switch from one video source to another, naturally the picture will change with it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't see how this is possible to do if both sources are running through the AVR. Most people that use split screen, will wire all video directly to the display, only audio to the AVR. Otherwise the screen will switch with the audio and/or visa versa.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok Wayne I switched the audio from my tv output to the cd input so now i can change sound fields and still maintain the picture, but for some reason the tv isn't sending the output from the PiP sound, so I think I know how to fix the problem I just need more cables :S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks