What's new

Yamaha RX-V1065, or Denon AVR-3310Ci receiver to power Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 1000 system? (1 Viewer)

drapture81

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyler Durden
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum and gotta say I love this place. Wondering if I should purchace the Yamaha RX-V1065 or the Denon-3310Ci receiver to go with my Def Tech Pro Cinema 1000 speakers. I keep getting 50/50 opinions on both and I'm a little torn between the 2. Please opinions and reasons welcome???

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The Denon 3310 is the better receiver and it should be since it retails for $400 more. Denon also has Audyssey which is very popular right now. Yamaha does have it's YAPO but the nod seems to go to Audyssey. If you don't plan on using the added features/connectivity of the 3310 then maybe the 1065 would be a good way to save some money.

Denons seem to be a bit tricky to setup if you have an unusual system (like a dvd/vcr combo) and their remotes are not the greatest but the performance is very good. Yamaha's have their fans too but between the two I would go with the Denon.

I would also look at the H/K 2600, Onkyo 707-807 and the pioneer Elite vsx-23.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks