What's new

Yamaha RX-V1 now or wait for RX-Z1? (1 Viewer)

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
I am seriously thinking of buying the Yamaha RX-V1 receiver and now would be the time, because I can get the yamaha branded pronto remote until the end of January. But I see in March (or so) the RX-Z1 will be coming out, and it will come with the pronto remote by default.

Should I hold off a while longer and buy the Z or go for the V now?

Also, I see the yamaha is a 6.1 receiver (Matrix and ES) but I now there are some 7.1 receivers. What is the difference here? will I regret it later and wish I had found a 7.1. I liek the yamaha sound but dont think they have any current or planned 7.1 receivers.

Thanks for your advice,

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
Cost benefit analysis... is the extra money worth the added features. :)

It is a tough one for me I guess. If I was making the decision I would probably wait. I really want DPLii

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
if you can get the rx-v1 for a good price go for that the rx-v1 haves two 44bit prossesers the -z1 has 33bits.the rx-v1 has a better prosseser. right now there is no 7.1 soft ware, dvd are all 6.1 the receivers that have 7.1 matrix the rear center to make it two rear centers i thank that the movie cos. set the dvd up for to balance the front to the rear 3 speakers up front 3 speakers in the rear and the .1 is for the low frequency (sub or subs). they mite change it later to 7.1 but we are still waiting. i got the rx-v1 (gold) i love it it is a 8.1 6.1 with 2 effects which is matrix off the mains. at frist i did not use, but after i configered cant live without. i play all my cds pro logic- enhanced,all my dvds, dolby digital ex- enhanced, dts es- enhanced. thank you, joe

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Because the V1 is almost discontinued and because it is slightly dated feature wise for a flagship (6 channels, no PLII), there are some terrific bargains on it floating around. Audiogon had two open box specials each for $1150 "OBO." At that price, I wouldn't wait for the new model.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
You'll definitely be getting a behemoth with the V1. This thing will break your back!

With the specs on the new Z1, I am unlikely to change out my V1 for one of'em just to get DPLII. The V1 is certainly a work of art and carries the Yamaha sound to a new level.

I got mine several months ago with a free RAV2000 remote and love both. Funny how people see the gizmos more than what they control. Everyone is really impressed with the RAV and then, when it turns everything on.........

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine new in box for 1799. and itncomes with the coupon good for a free rav 2000 remote, worth $499.

I think that's a deal considering they orig. listed at

3200. without the remote.

How much will the new z1 cost.

Move on it if you're thinking

of getting the v1, the remote deal ends in Feb.

and they are getting scarce.

-luc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks