What's new

Yamaha Rx-v1 and Rxv3300 vs the field. (1 Viewer)

Benjamin.C

Agent
How do the Yamahas Rx-v1 and Rxv3300 compare to similar products in sound, quality, and customer service. I currently have Sony777es w/diva 6.1 package and have recently purchased a hs10 pj so I need component switching. I am currently considering the hk 8000, denon 3803 and the aformentioned Yamahas. You responses are appreciated.

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
Well, once you get into that price range, you're looking at great units from all the major manufacturers (in other words, you really can't go wrong). Sound is somewhat of a subjective thing, so you should go do some auditioning. But in my opinion Yamaha's sound is really dynamic, in part b/c of all their different DSPs. Build quality is excellent. Haven't had a reason to try out their customer service.

To that list of others you mentioned, I'd also add Marantz, if they make a model with the component switching you're looking for.

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I sold my DA777ES in favor of a Yamaha RX-V1. I preferred the Sony slightly over the Yammie in 2 channel. It was a little more warm. In 5.1, the Yammie really shines! I greatly prefer it over the Sonys or Denons. I think the Denon 4800 series is more in line with the Yamahas & HK mentioned. Build quality is top notch on Yamaha. Look for problem posts on Yamaha, vs Denon or HK. It's not even close. My 777 was in the shop 3 times, & the Yamaha is built like a brick $hi+house! No problems. I'm selling it now, in favor of seperates. Look in the for sale section.

Users who are viewing this thread