What's new

Yamaha RX-1493 (1 Viewer)

nosinjcted

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
I was hooking up my surround sound this weekend, and the receiver will power on, then shut off after about 10 seconds? Any one know what could be causing this? It is a Yamaha RX-1493 I believe(it's definitly RX-14XX). I could be wrong on the part # I'm at work and left the paper with the info at home.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
It sounds like it's going into "Protection Mode", to keep from frying something.
This is usually caused by a frayed, single strand of speaker wire, touching something it shouldn't. Double check the speaker wire connections, on both ends of each one. Re-twist the ends of the wires, and carefully re-connect them, making sure every strand of wire goes in the connection hole.
If this doesn't take care of it, your receiver may have a problem.
Good luck!

nosinjcted

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
I already looked at all the connections, the same thing happens with nothing hooked up. It sounds like a relay or something is clicking and then it power's off. I was wrong with the part number the correct one is RX-V493. I took the cover off to se if it was anything obvious, but I couldn't see anything unplugged or burnt. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot the different components inside the receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks