What's new

Yamaha Reciever won't lock onto DTS tracks! (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
I have a Yamaha HTR5760 and Ive just noticed it won't lock onto the DTS track on a number of discs! These discs playup at ,(samepoint) everytime from two different makes of player and its not just a random dropout it basicly cant lock at all onto signal and just stutters. Why is this happening? These very same dvds played perfectly beforehand on these same two players, a Toshiba and a Pioneer in my previous reciever, a Pioneer and it had no trouble whatsoever playing these discs with the DTS sound.Is there something I can do about this? I'm beginning to think my upgrade to Yamaha is no upgrade at all...

David Judah

Screenwriter
You mean it plays the DTS track up to a certain point on the disc then loses the bitstream or it won't play the DTS track at all?

Have you tried forcing it into DTS mode on the receiver(it should have a toggle between Auto, DTS, and analog modes)?

DJ

Brett C

Second Unit
The DTS track shows on the front display but flickers because it can't hold lock for anymore than a second at a time.Forcing it into DTS mode doesn't make a difference at all.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I assume you just got the receiver recently. I would exchange it--it sounds like there's a defect.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks