What's new

Yamaha Receivers so many to pick from! How do you know which one is for you. (1 Viewer)

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
I posted a thread a few days ago and got alot of responses to it I want to tank everyone. Now I am torn between which Yamaha to get. I am setting up a 6.1 (thats all the wife will allow). I just don't know which one to get. there is the RX-V559 the RX-V659 the HTR-5950 and the list keeps going and going. I guess my question is which one is going to do what I nees it to and do it the best. I have purchesed all of the speakers now except the sub and the receiver. I have 3 RBH in ceiling speakers for the back and I purchesed Infinity Primus 150's for the front and the Primus C25 for the center. I know it is not the best that is out there, but from what I have read I think I have made a good choice for the money. Any help would be nice thanks.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Get the best you can realistically afford. Or, buy used, and get a higher model with superior sound for less money (though you may give up a feature or two).

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno - maybe check your budget, then maybe check something like the current Yamaha RX-V659 review over at Audioholics?
http://www.audioholics.com/productre...aRX-V659p1.php

With your price for a 659 probably in the mid-to-upper $300s it looks like it could do if it fits your budget. I thought the 5950 usually went for a little bit more (and might be a half-generation or so less recent design, but since I'm not actively looking I might be confused so you should probably do some research on your own?). They'll all do OK, so it's really not something to obsess over - get one and get listening!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Funny you have RBH and Primus mixed together, completely different leagues of speakers.

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
Yea I was able to get the RBH for a good price at my work and they never got any front speakers in. So I had to make due with what I could afford.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
dang, too bad you couldn't get fronts. Well you can't have it all.

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
I will be keeping my eyes open for some fronts to come in. I live in utah and RBH is just down the road so I think I am going to see what they have in there b stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks