What's new

Yamaha receiver (1 Viewer)

mofet_n

Grip
I was at audio center, and they had a yamaha receiver set as a 5.1, but they had 2 extra small speakers connected to the receiver. It was like they had one sub, two back speakers, one center, two front mains and then two extra speakers as mains. How is this possible = how do you make a connection to have those extra two speakers. Is it only possible with the yamah receiver, and what is it good for.

I've also seen this is many yamaha adds and in marketnews magazines.

Thanks

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Many receivers have "A" and "B" speaker outputs. I don't know anyone that uses them, but I suppose you could have dedicated "stereo" speakers as one output and then have your surround system speakers on the other. It would also be possible to run the "B" output to another room.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Some of the high-end Yamaha receivers have extra connections for "front effects" speakers. It basically does some DSP processing to find sounds to send to these speakers. The manual suggest adding 2 small speakers and mounting them above the TV against the back wall.

My Yamaha has this feature, but I've not played with it. Others who have say they like the extra ambience it gives.

But it is a custom/propritary thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks