Yamaha Receiver - where to buy

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John*DB, Sep 2, 2004.

1. John*DB

John*DB Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys. Like everyone, I want to buy the best receiver for the cheapest price. Where can I get the Yamaha HTR-5760 for the best price.

Now, I believe I have read a few posts discouraging buying from the cheapest place...why? Are they not under warranty. Does it void the Yamaha warranty?

I won't buy from the cheapest place if it is not covered but I really don't want to spend TOP price either.

Thanks for all advice!!!

John

2. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

I have no idea if you're interested but there was a 5 month old used one for sale in the Hardware for Sale forum here at HTF.

3. John*DB

John*DB Stunt Coordinator

I'll check it out. Anyone else...come on - help a newbie out bros!

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

John,

There have been a few discussions regarding vendors of Yamaha receivers. Most of the receivers fall in the range of $330 + $20 - 29 for shipping. However, none of these vendors are authorized vendors, so you are taking a risk. About the best price when buying from an authorized vendor would be $399, from J&R. Or, buy locally from Best Buy for $499 + tax.

5. Chris Brock

Chris Brock Second Unit

i would go with J&R. Best price your gonna find from an authorized dealer. And their customer service is very good if you ever actually need to return or anything of the sorts.

6. JustinG

JustinG Stunt Coordinator

i just bought this week from j&r.com for $399 with free ship.

I really wanted to buy from etronics but after shipping, the price difference was only $30.