What's new

Yamaha Receiver Shutting off? CHECK SP WIRES (1 Viewer)

gogitime

Auditioning
Real Name
Edward
I have a Yamaha RX-V675 receiver connected to a 2.1 speaker setup. They are connected to two BIC Venturi DV64 speakers - which are rated at 4 ohms. The receiver will automatically shut off at times with the error message "CHECK SP WIRES". I have trouble-shooted this extensively checking the speaker wires carefully for no crossover. I have also tested the speaker wires with a voltage meter to ensure there are no issues on that side.

This has happened with a variety of input devices: microphones, karaoke machine, laptop connected via hdmi. At a certain volume / threshold, the receiver will shut down. However, when I just turn on radio / airplay (eg streaming source), it never shuts down even at very high volumes.

I do not know what's wrong here... kind of a bummer considering it's a $400 receiver!! Any ideas?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The v675 is not rated for 4 ohm speakers all around. You're tripping the overload protection when you go too loud. You can use 4 ohm speakers in the front if you set the switch to 6 ohm; so at the very least set the receiver to 6 ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks