Yamaha Receiver Editor Software

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam.Gonsman, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Adam.Gonsman

Adam.Gonsman Stunt Coordinator

Yamaha's website hints at the existence of software that can yeild extended setup options by hooking your RS-232 equipped receiver (I have a RX-V3300) up to a computer. This does not appear to be the same software as their RAV-edit for custom programming their flagship LCD remote, although I think in the end it might achieve similar results. It mentions that the software is available on their website but I have hunted and hunted and can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone else heard of this? Know where I can find it? I'm wondering if I'm just crazy or something.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/P...0_features.pdf

Under the description of features where it lists the benifits of the RS-232 port is where it mentions this software.

Even if I can access this extra setup stuff, I'm also wondering if I can make use of any of these features without shelling out the bugs for their seemingly nice but VERY expensive touchscreen remote that can provide various extended ir codes.

2. Adam.Gonsman

Bump. Anyone?

This applies to you 2300 owners and I'd imagine you V1 and Z1 owners also.

Maybe I am crazy. [​IMG]

3. Karl Erik Sylthe

I have a DSP-AZ2, much like a RX-V3300 without tuner.
    I have also been looking for software for controlling the amp, but all I have found is some private software, originally developed for DSP-AX1 (RX1). The author claims that it also should work for the *Z1 and *Z2, but I couldn`t make it work with my unit. Haven`t tried the latest update, though.

You can find the software here:
    http://www.omei.de/software/yamaha.html
    The site is in German, but you can use altavista.com to translate it to English.

Regards
    Karl Erik Sylthe

4. Adam.Gonsman

Thanks Karl. I'll give it a try and see what I get. I've emailed Yamaha about it but have yet to hear anything.

5. Adam.Gonsman

Karl and anyone else with a higher end Yammy,
    I just received a reply from Yamaha which is below:

"Receiver Editor Program is available only to Installers and Dealers. We do not offer support for this program. Please talk with your dealer for more info."

So way to go Yamaha for not even letting us poke at our own receivers. Not like I paid a heck of a lot of money for it or anything. Oh well, I guess I'm off to my dealer tomorrow to annoy them into giving me a copy.

6. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

log in to Yamaha's site....click on to "site map", find "dealers area", and use "cinemadsp" as the password....

7. Adam.Gonsman

You sir, absolutely positively rock!!!

8. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

I thank you for your appreciation, in the future, I should probably have you pm me...there are many "dealer only" sites, but in this case ,I couldn't see the harm in sharing these downloads...

9. Adam.Gonsman

I was really excited last night when you posted that. [​IMG] I can understand companies wanting to keep some things from the actual consumers, but this just really seems like Yamaha being anal. I've looked over the software (haven't actually gone to get a serial cable with the right gender to hook my laptop up to it yet) and it looks reasonably harmless. I mean it's not quite like entering the service menu on a tv or something.

The wierd thing is Yamaha doesn't seem to have any problems making the RAVedit software available to users despite the extreme similarity between the two models even though the software for one can destroy the other. Why restrict software that does nothing but ease setup and allow access to a few other features like volume memory?

Oh well, for now, all is right with the world.

Thanks again.

10. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

volume memory sounds good!

11. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

well,

windows only.
    that's sad.