Yamaha receiver calibration help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Br, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

I am trying to use the Avia disk with my rxv-1000 receiver, but unless I am playing the internal tones from the receiver it will not lt me adjust the speakers. I can adjust the sub but when I scroll through the speakers using the level button on the romote all the speakers show a double dashed line and will not let me adjust. If I hit test then it shows the speakers level setting and then I can adjust. How can I use AVIA with the situation? is there something I am doing wrong? have other Yamaha users run into this as well?

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

greg, I believe you get the dbl-dashed lines (I just checked) because you are probably set on Efects Off. Set remote to Surround Sound and use the NORMAL (not EXPANDED) mode. The speaker level sets then scroll thru the 5.1.

Dont use the TEST function (internal tones) when using AVIA.

I saw yr post on the other thread, too.

3. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

You very well could be right, I was fooling with this the other night and it was not working but I was able to do the calibration when I first got the disk, I knew something was amiss,

Thanks

Greg

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

HA! sounds like you're at work right now[​IMG]
    Let's keep atweakin' these Yammies! Stay tuned...
    We'll get the basics recalibrated. Since I replied to yr HTSPot post yesterday, I realize that the Low Frequency Test I outlined should be saved for another day.

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Greg,

That sounds like the problem to me too. The only resons the receiver would not allow you to adjust the center, rears and sub is if you had the "effect off" or you turned the center, rear, or sub to "NONE". Make sure they are all set to small and sub to SWFR.

6. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Is there a switch on your remote to chose between effect and level or something like that? I've been using a RAV-2000 with an RX-V1, and I have two screens with cursor keys and buttons for level and some other things. I always have to play with it to get in the right state, but once you do get there you can adjust levels independently of the test tones. The one thing I know for certain is its not entirely intuitive, but there is a way to switch modes.