What's new

Yamaha RAV-2000 Remote? (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
I tried doing a search and didn't come up with much, other than it appears this is essentially a PRONTO remote licensed by Yamaha. Anyway, I have the opportunity to pick up a slightly used RAV-2000 for cheap, and am wondering if it will be at all useful over my existing macro-capable remote for my Yamaha receiver. I basically just need/want to control a DISH network satellite TV receiver, Toshiba DVD player, Yamaha receiver, and older Mistubishi direct-view TV (Tosh big screen coming in a year probably). My existing remote is that beastly silver door contraption for the Yamaha 995, but I have managed to get it programmed for ALMOST everything except the Tosh DVD.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Go for it, I have a Pronto (1MB version) and I controls everything in my equipment rack. With the remote you can actually automate everything, switching from one component to another, turning on and off the proper components and switching them to the correct input. Also, with your satellite (ehem!) you can download logos of you favourite TV stations into the remote and every time you press the logo a macro will change the channel for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks