What's new

Yamaha or Pioneer? (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
Between the Yamaha HTR-5560 and the Pioneer VSX811 which is recommended? The only thing I will be using it for is movies. I really don't care that the Yamaha doesn't do DTS-ES discrete because I won't have room for a 6.1 set-up for a couple years.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Sound is a very subjective thing, but even although I can get Yamaha receiver at cost, I'd take Pioneer in a heartbeat.

Hap C

Agent
Perfect Vision rated the Denon-4802 and Denon-5803 as the pick of the litter for HT receivers. No mention of Yamaha and Pioneer. B&K also makes a great receiver. Why limit yourself to looking at Pioneer and Yamaha?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
No mention of Yamaha and Pioneer
so its clear you favor denon. there are plenty of denon fanboys at the htf, as there are all other brands, but the denon ones let you know it constantly :) there were quite a few ht mags that called the 49txi the best receiver, with no mention of denon. i like pioneer lately, as i got the 45tx. he shouldnt limit himself to pioneer or yamaha, but at that price range, the 811 is pretty hard to beat.
CJ

I just picked up the Yamaha HTR-5590 last week and love it.
I've owned 2 Pioneers in the last 5 years and the Yamaha blows them both out of the water.

Just my Opinion,
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks