What's new

yamaha or outlaw? (1 Viewer)

Ben Jamin

Auditioning
I've heard alot of good stuff about Outlaw. I currently have a yammy rxv3300 that I'm only using as a pre-amp with a rotel 1095. 50/50 music and ht. I have been considering selling the 3300 and buying the Outlaw 950. Should I expect a big difference in sound quality? I know I'll lose some features (which I don't use anyway) I'm just looking for better sound.

Ben Jamin

Auditioning
I've heard alot of good stuff about Outlaw. I currently have a yammy rxv3300 that I'm only using as a pre-amp with a rotel 1095. 50/50 music and ht. I have been considering selling the 3300 and buying the Outlaw 950. Should I expect a big difference in sound quality? I know I'll lose some features (which I don't use anyway) I'm just looking for better sound.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
The sound of an Outlaw 950 will certainly be different than your 3300, but I'm not so sure it will be 'better'. The only way to know for sure would be to do a direct comparison in your own system. Outlaw does offer a risk free trial period (30 days?), so the only cost to you would be the return shipping if you doecided not to keep the 950.

You should also check the used market, there are a lot of good used 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 receivers and pre-pros that might meet your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks