What's new

Yamaha or Kenwood receiver? (1 Viewer)

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,
I would like some opinions on the Yamaha HTR-5560 vs. the Kenwood VR-6060. I already have a Kenwood VR-509, and I previously had a Yamaha (about 10 years old when I got rid of it, and never had a problem). I know the technical specs for both, I'm just looking for opinions from people who have one or the other. I am leaning toward the Kenwood, but could be persuaded otherwise.
Thanks,
RichN

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I certainly do like the 509, but the remote is a little confusing. I am looking to replace the VR-309 I have in the bedroom(or move the 509 and put the new one in the living room).
RichN

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
It looks like you've been happy for quite awhile with Kenwood products. I have a VR407, and for the price i got it for, its great! Kenwoods have awesome dollar-value, but still carry a stereotype of 'cheap' in the HT community, when Yamaha is very well respected in their build quality, sound, and reliability.

If you like your past kenwoods, i'd go for the VR-6060. If I were to get one now, i'd probably get that over the yamaha too seeing how good the VR407 has performed for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks