Yamaha or Kenwood receiver?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RichN, Jun 11, 2002.

1. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,
    I would like some opinions on the Yamaha HTR-5560 vs. the Kenwood VR-6060. I already have a Kenwood VR-509, and I previously had a Yamaha (about 10 years old when I got rid of it, and never had a problem). I know the technical specs for both, I'm just looking for opinions from people who have one or the other. I am leaning toward the Kenwood, but could be persuaded otherwise.
    Thanks,
    RichN

2. Jon Bye

Jon Bye Stunt Coordinator

Jon Bye
    Do you like the Vr 509? Curious because I just bought one.

3. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I certainly do like the 509, but the remote is a little confusing. I am looking to replace the VR-309 I have in the bedroom(or move the 509 and put the new one in the living room).
    RichN

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    It looks like you've been happy for quite awhile with Kenwood products. I have a VR407, and for the price i got it for, its great! Kenwoods have awesome dollar-value, but still carry a stereotype of 'cheap' in the HT community, when Yamaha is very well respected in their build quality, sound, and reliability.

If you like your past kenwoods, i'd go for the VR-6060. If I were to get one now, i'd probably get that over the yamaha too seeing how good the VR407 has performed for me.