What's new

yamaha or h/k? (1 Viewer)

EmanuelG

Auditioning
I need your opinions on deciding which reciever to get since im kinda hesitant. I want to get the yamaha htr-5760, but if i do it will be through datavis which im not sure is a authorized dealer and i know yamaha will not warranty it.

Or i can get the avr325 direct from h/k,for about the same price with warrenty. The reciver will be hooked up with a pair of ascend acoustic cbm-170. Eventually up to a 5.1 setup.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Not sure what price you are talkin about, but ONECALL.COM
will deliver an HK AVR7200 to your door for less than $850.00!!

EmanuelG

Auditioning
The yammy is $358 at datavis and the h/k is $359 both with shipping. Cam thanks for the info, buts the avr7200 is out of my price range.thanks.

Daman

Second Unit
Emanuel, Datavis is not an authorized dealer of Yamaha- i confirmed this with Yamaha USA myself. I neverthless went ahead and bought the HTR5790 from them because i was getting very good savings and Yamahas normally are a reliable lot.Datavis will return the product in first 15 days i think. If you think you can live with the fact that its not authorized and are willing to take that chance id suggest go this way otherwise you would have to shell out some 500 odd dollars at an authorized dealer for 5760.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I got the Yamaha 5760 from J&R last week for $375 shipped w/ very little haggling. J&R is Yamaha authorized and comes w/ a 30-day money back guarantee. Sure it's $17 more than Datavis, but no doubt you all agree that $17 is worth a 30-day MBG and the peace of mind of an authorized dealer. This is a no-brainer.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

Didn't realize you went with J&R. Clearly, they'll be around for a long, long time. In my past dealings with them, I have have very good experiences. Plus, as you suggested, there is some flexibility in their pricing - if you just ask.

Finally, (for the others out there) just because you spent $17 more on one transaction, doesn't mean that J&R will always be expensive. I've realized that as I build a nice purchase "file" with J&R, they are able to review my past purchases. With this being the case, they have seen that I'm not just calling to get the lowest price, but I am a returning customer. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Skip,

I didn't with my recent purchase of my 5760 because J&R was about a month later than the other vendors at getting the receiver in stock. However, I've purchased a few other receivers from them in the past.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Wayne, I, too, have purchased a mix of HT gear from J&R. For those considering J&R, just be reasonable, and don't demand a rediculous pricematch from some obscure non-authorized dealer website. They will not match non-authorized prices period, but for $15-$30 more than non-authorized dealers, it's much more worth it to get a valid warranty and a 30-day return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks