What's new

Yamaha NS-777 or JBL Studio-190BK (1 Viewer)

Cirrus698

Auditioning
Real Name
Sölvi Fannar Jóhannsson
I'm considering to buy either Yamaha NS-777 or JBL Studio-190BK I've listened to both in store with the same music cd, for me the JBL sounded a bit better, the bass was deeper and overall good sound, but still the NS-777 sounded great. Still I don't know... the listening room where I tried the JBL speakers was smaller with soft carpet on the floor giving the JBK some advantage where the Yamaha listening room was larger with thin hard carpeting. I'm considering them for music listening (mostly trance and dance music)

Cirrus698

Auditioning
Real Name
Sölvi Fannar Jóhannsson
The price is similar on them both here. For the look I would go for the Yamaha, but I'm looking for good sound for trance, house music. Something tells me the Yamaha should sound better because of the bigger bass cones and wider frequency range, but I really liked how the JBL sounded in store I and can't tell for sure who to pick.

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
Are you located in Scandanavia? JBL has been known well for listening to live music, and Yamaha makes electronic instruments and other equipment, including very nice synths and digi pianos. Both are well known and either choice should reward you well.

Cirrus698

Auditioning
Real Name
Sölvi Fannar Jóhannsson
Well I live in Iceland, it is technically not considered a scandinavian country although it is a nordic country. I'm going to the stores again and listen to them a little more, if I'm not assured after that I guess I might even end up flipping a coin for my choise of speakers :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your head will spin reading about Nordic vs Scandinavian(isn't there a third, sorta overlapping one???)... My personal pick would be the JBL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks