yamaha ns-777,comments?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chris Q, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Chris Q

Chris Q Agent

Christopher
    hey geys,i have seen,and heard these speakers,at a local authorized dealer,and i have read some info and specs on these speakers,and their supposed to be mainly home theater speakers,all i know is these are some gorgeous speakers!that kind of quality in the price range of $299.00ea.is unheard of,has anyone else had a chance to audition these speakers,if so,any comments?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Moving to speakers

3. John S

John S Producer

Not many seem to be a fan of NS Yamaha speakers. I tend to like them myself. I would bet these are fairly decent, the Bi-wire input is pretty cool too. I couldn't find a pic of them, they sound really classy looking from the description.

4. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

I've posted some comments before in some threads about Athena speakers at BB. The Athenas have quite a few fan following in these forums. However, based on what I heard on a side-to-side comparison (they were basically next to each other) in a huge open corner of the local BB, I preferred the sound of the Yammies over the Athenas. I think they were both driven by a Yammy receiver, but I couldn't play around with the settings, since it was locked up in a cabinet [​IMG] Those 777 towers seem to be a great value.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  6. Chris Q

Chris Q Agent

Christopher
    i got prices from e-tronics,and i can get the pair with shipping for about 488.00 thats a steal,especially if you have seen these things!beautiful! thanks for the comments guys!

7. John S

John S Producer

So your getting a pair of these for your fronts?

May I ask as to the rest of your surround speaker setup to go with these???

I use JBL s38's all the way around, I thought about upgrading this year, went and started auditioning, and decided against it, I do really seem to like the way the older s38's sound compared to nearly anything. I wish you the same satisfaction with these as I have had.

8. charles mix

charles mix Stunt Coordinator

For music they sound very good. They have a very natural sound and instruments sound real and clean. They image across the front fairly good. If you want the room filling sound and precise imaging of some other speakers, skip the Yams. They are very point source and do not image into the room much. Hope this helps.

9. Chris Q

Chris Q Agent

Christopher
    charles,i noticed that you said the yamahas are very good with music,thats good to know because i read that these speakers are really supossed to be a "home theater speaker".
    I also have another question?I am getting a reciever at the same time as the speakers,and i'v narrowed it down to 3
    the yamaha 3300
    the haman kardon 525
    or the pioneer elite 53tx
    I want something that will really pair up nicely with the 777s.
    love some feedback!

10. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

I own these and the matching center(NS-444) and have been VERY pleased with them. They sound amazing for the price. Looks and more importantly build quality are top notch.

Im using a Denon 3802 with them and the combination works really well. As mentioned they sound very natural. For what I paid (BB discount [​IMG]) They are a steal.

I still have to get the matching bookshelves (NS-333)but have held off because they're kinda big to mount. SO for now my trusty N-24's will pull surround duty. And I must add they match the yammies pretty nicely.

I highly recomend them, you wont be disappointed! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Luis S